Thursday, November 27, 2008

Drunken Ramblings (maybe not so articulate)


So I get to drinking and I get to thinking.....a dangerous combination I am all too aware.  It strikes me that when people drink too much they do a lot of things, things they wouldn't necessarily do.  I tend to walk a lot when I am drunk, not that that is a bad thing, walking is great.  Whenever I travel I pack a comfy pair of shoes because I love to walk to get the feeling of a city.  Tonight I walked with my friend because we wanted some cheeseburgers.

Now, before you start to snicker, cheeseburgers are delicious, and if you disagree FUCK YOU....they are.  So we start waling and end up going for like 45 minutes looking for a McDs or BK.....45 minutes?!?  What kind of city do I live when you can't get a cheeseburger when you are drunk, terrible.  We passed lots of burrito spots and pizza spots but not one burger spot.  Unreal.

I also advocated my friend kicking my other friend in the crotch.  I'm not pro kicking but I get giddy when drunk.  And I was drunk.

I love watching cartoons when drunk.  I love cartoons at the best of times, I mean the nostalgia of cartoons in general are always great....but when drunk they seem to really take me back.  So during my drunk I watched Batman and enjoyed explaining the nuances of Batman, the character and the man, to my friends.  Immature?  Maybe....but I get a lot out of it when drunk.

Is it possible that all these things mean a lot to me regardless of my state of consciousness?  Is is that I love these things in general and that the drunkeness just allows me to say I love it?  I;d like anyone reading this to think about what they love, and then think of what they do when drunk, does the truth really come out when drunk?  Something we could all stand to take a few minutes to think about, and then have an in depth discussion of the Batman's motives.

Photo credit to the asian sensation Mr JT.

No comments: