Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Rules That Aren't

At the YYZ waiting to go on a trip with my fiancee to Germany (which was great, thanks for asking) we were about to check our luggage and the gentleman at the mouth of the line asked us to weigh it. Sure, why not, afterall we were only checking one bag between the two of us. Well, our bag weighed 25.6 kg, that was too heavy, we weren't allowed to check this bag....it was overweight. I guess this makes sense, some poor sap has to lift this and could hurt himself in the process....and if everyone had a heavy bag this man could develop back problems, it would be an unsafe work environment. I can get behind that, a man shouldn't have to hurt himself just to earn a buck. As I was quietly accepting the fact that I wasn't going to be able to check my bag the gentleman informed me that I could pay $100 and have it sent on......that begs the question: do they give the guy who has to lift the bag the $100??

No comments: