Wednesday, February 25, 2009

I always thought he was a bit of a Ponzi

Recently I was laid off (about 3 months ago), I have since found a new job that is working out quite nicely thank-you very much, and was stiffed for my final pay....as were a few dozen of my coworkers.  This an annoyance, an inconvenience but most of all it was a piss-off.  Here was the guy who owed us money, clearly he had money, a nice house, boat and truck and we had nothing.  I filed with the labour board but to no avail (thank god I pay all those taxes - what great service Service Ontario provides).

Now, three months later a friend of mine sent me an email with a link to this story.  And I literally laughed out loud.  Couldn't have happened to a nicer guy.  The jerk (John Marshall) who screwed us all out of a couple of thousand dollars is now up for bilking his investors out of about $4 million - and with any luck will end up in jail for a few years.

As a fan of irony, I approve.

No comments: