Wednesday, December 10, 2008

New Job

I started a new job last week.  It's very similar to my last job, which was fine, so I guess I'm in pretty good shape.  Now the new job is good, the people are great, there are tons of perks and the money is good.

But, there is nothing worse than being new at a job and feeling completely useless.  I mean, as a guy who is usually pretty self reliant I just hate to always have to ask for help.  I can do the job, it's not rocket science, but all the tiny procedural aspects make it hard to get up to speed.  It's like how you feel when you first go to university and attend your first class.  You know that you are as smart as anyone else there but you feel like you are one step behind for the first little while.

Hopefully in a few weeks I will be up to speed.  And I can get back to my old self.  Hopefully.

No comments: